- 12/13/12: the website will be down 18 Dec 2012 sometime between 04:00 and 12:00 UTC for approximately 60 minutes. Any snipes already in the system will be sniped from our redundant location, however you will not be able to add or modify snipes while the site is offline. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is because of our hosting provider, not because of any work by us.
- 6/10/09: eBay changed their page format a bit and this caused our who-won detection to be unreliable. We have implemented new code to fix this and we are watching the change carefully to make sure the system correctly detects who won each auction.
- 5/29/09: Our hosting provider had to reboot our main server a couple times because they were having issues with it. Sorry about this.
- 5/12/09: Our hosting provider had network problems in their datacenter between 14:39 and 15:23 US PT. A few snipes were affected.
- 5/06/09: Our hosting provider upgraded the operating system on one of our servers and they ran into problems. The site was unavailable for 2 hours.
- 6/30/08: New feature: Check out the SnipeStreet Express Greasemonkey script. It makes entering your snipes so much easier! Let us know what you think about it on our forum.
- 6/28/08: We moved the site back to its original server.
- 6/06/08: We moved the site to a temporary server that is in a different city. This should be more stable. Our original datacenter remains on temporary generators and will soon have its permanent generators rebuilt. After the original datacenter is fully repaired we'll consider moving the site back.
- 6/03:08: Our server is on generator power. This is a temporary measure until the permanent electric generators are repaired. For some time today, the generator went down and had to be repaired.
- 6/02/08: Power has returned and our server is back up. You may see more emails than normal because the temporary server is still alive and processing the snipes that were entered before/during the outage. Thanks for your patience during this crazy outage. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org may still be down, so please send also to email@example.com
- 5/31/08: A large fire/explosion has disabled power to the datacenter that hosts our server. 9000 servers and 7500 customers like us are affected. We have setup a temporary server to continue sniping auctions. We have also set up an "emergency" snipe entry form for any users who need to enter snipes while the regular site is down.
- 5/08/08: There are several new features for you to try. Email preferences, SSL/https security, etc. Please see the FORUM for more info.
- 4/01/08: New bids could not be entered for some time because of a change in eBay's auction format. This is fixed and alerting is in place to warn us of this in the future. Thanks to our users who reported this.
- 12/7/07: The site was disabled due to a configuration error. We apologize for this and have implemented a script to prevent this from happening again
- 11/20/07: Our hosting provider had several servers fail which caused an outage.
- 11/19/07: A change at eBay caused SnipeStreet to think you won an auction when you didn't. Thanks to the users who reported this issue.
- 8/28/07: New feature! Set your default time buffer and time buffer per bid. Please report any bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8/5/07: Added item title and ending price in email notifications. Bugfix for some failed eBay logins.
- 7/20/07: eBay changed their html format causing confusion to our code and entering new snipes was failing. Existing snipes are ok. We believe we fixed all the dependencies. Please email email@example.com if there are issues.
- 2/25/07: Our hosting provider had a server outage today that affected some snipes. See the support forum for more info.
- 8/26/2006: Our hosting provider suffered a massive server failure. It took them a long time to rebuild the server and restore the data. Sadly, some recent data was lost and most snipes on 8/25 were not submitted because of the outage. Even though we were online and trying to restore service, we could not do anything until the provider rebuilt the server. We're very sorry about this. Needless to say we are not happy, and looking at ways we can better survive such a failure in the future. Please report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6/16/2006: Improved format for your snipe log! Please report any
bugs to email@example.com
- 6/09/2006: New feature: Edit your bids
- 4/16/2006: Snipestreet is launched!
Return to Snipestreet main page