Add a Quick-Entry SnipeStreet Form to eBay Pages with this Greasemonkey script for Firefox
There's a really nice Chrome extension that makes entering your snipes easy. It adds a "Snipe" button to the item's page on eBay. Great job by one of our users! It also displays your snipe amount and let's you edit (and undo) your snipe from the eBay item page. Brilliant.
Here's a screenshot.
Updated versions of the script: See this forum thread.
The info below is out-dated.
We here at SnipeStreet are pleased to offer a Greasemonkey script that will make entering your snipes a lot easier. We call it SnipeStreet Express.
- First, you need to install the Greasemonkey add-on if you don't have it yet. This is a simple one-click install for Firefox.
- Then it's simple to install the SnipeStreet Express user script for Greasemonkey. Just click the "Install this script" button on that page.
- This script has not been tested with "Greasemonkey for IE". Please let us know if you find it works on Internet Explorer at firstname.lastname@example.org or our forum.
Tips on using the quick-entry form:
- Enter your maximum bid amount as usual in the x.xx format without "$", "€", "₤". For example, "52.03"
- After you submit the form, you'll see a pop-up window confirming your snipe. You can undo if there's a mistake (or you can remove it from your queue from the SnipeStreet website as before).
- The time buffer of the snipe is the one defined in your preferences. Make sure to define this in "my preferences" on the website if you don't want the default (9 seconds).
- Warning: There is no "high bid" checking when using SnipeStreet Express. So, if you accidentally bid 1000.00 instead of 100.00, you won't get any warning that your bid is above $599.99 (aka high bid).
- Bidgroups: If you want to define a bidgroup for the snipe, just use the slash character: "xx.xx/mygroup". For example, to bid 52.03 with a bidgroup of "ipod", enter: 52.03/ipod
- Always read the confirmation pop-up box to make sure your snipe is correct! This is a real bid on eBay.
For those new to Greasemonkey, we plan to publish a tutorial video on how to install and use the SnipeStreet Express script. Please stay tuned for that, and let us know what you think on our forum.
Special thanks to 'escargot' for creating the first Greasemonkey script for SnipeStreet.
Thanks and Happy Sniping!